The Lighthouse Support Centre Privacy Notice
How the Lighthouse (“we”) use your information
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
Why are we collecting your data?
We collect personal data to provide appropriate pastoral care, to monitor and assess the quality of our services, to fulfil our purposes as a charity and to comply with the law regarding data sharing. In legal terms this is called ‘legitimate interests.’ When it is required, we may also ask you for your consent to process your data. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
The categories of information that we may collect and hold include:
• Personal information (such as name, telephone number, address and email address
• Characteristics (such as gender, language, nationality, country of birth, criminal convictions, children)
• Volunteer forms, financial information and PVG details
• Areas of involvement eg Mens, Womens, Transform, Mainly music and other appropriate groups
Storing your data
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. An exception to this relates to third parties we use to process data for us such as MailChimp and Google and we will only use companies with robust data protection policies and procedures.
Requesting access to your personal data
You have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information please contact the Lighthouse office.
You also have the right to:
• Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
• Prevent processing for the purpose of direct contact
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means
• In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
• Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact the Lighthouse office.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact the Lighthouse Office on 07851 259998 or email@example.com